Last week Sony Ericsson released 4.0.2.A.62 Firmware for Xperia 2011 series. I had updated my phone with the latest updates and the problem begun because before updates my xperia phone was rooted and after firmware updaes root access of my device has gone.
The I started searching on the internet and all the Xperia devlopement tools such as xda devlopers forums, but all my efforts were wasted because nobody gave me a correct solution except the hint that I need to downgrade my firmware, so I found my way myself and finally got solution for – How to root Xperia phones.
If you are the owner of Sony Ericsson xperia smartphone then you can root xperia – your device which has 4.0.2.A.62 firmware such as Xperia arc, neo, mini, mini pro, Active, Ray etc.
Disclaimer: Let me tell you some things, rooting xperia smartphones with this type of methods is not always safe and you must be aware of what you do. Being Android will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
Follow the simple steps to Root Xperia smartphones :
1. Download Flashtool for flashing xperia devices here and install the .exe file and updates if any are available.
2. Download previous firmware version with respect to your phone below:
- Xperia Arc LT15i_4.0.2.A.0.42_kernel only.ftf
- Xperia Neo MT15i_4.0.2.A.0.42_kernel only.ftf
- Xperia Mini Pro SK17i_4.0.2.A.0.58_kernel only.ftf
- Xperia Mini ST15i_4.0.2.A.0.42_kernel only.ftf
- Xperia Active ST17i_4.0.2.A.0.42_kernel only.ftf
- Live With Walkman WT19i_4.0.2.A.0.42_kernel only.ftf
3. Copy above downloaded file to C:/flashtool/firmware
4. Now we go with real procedure. Activate your phone in debugging mode. Go to Settings->Application->Devlopement and click and start debugging mode. When finished this, start flashtool on your PC and connect your phone to your PC in debugging mode. Wait until the flashtool recognize your device.
4. Start flashtool and click on the first button i.e. With the name flash.
5. Choose the firmware file which you have downloaded and click OK.
6. After this the popup will appear saying that unplug the phone, switch off and connect again in Flash mode by pressing volume key while connecting USB cable.
7. Flash procedure will be run, after flashing done, the software will ask you to disconnect the phone.
8. Disconnect the phone and again connect it to PC with flashtool and now click on root icon and wait, the rooting procedure will run.
9. After rooting disconnect your phone. Now your phone is rooted with old firmware version.
10. Now to upgrade again to the latest version in your phone go to Update center App and check for update and when it say Update available, update your phone so you will not lose your root.
Now you have the latest 4.0.2.A.62 firmware with the root. Enjoy now with your Super User powers.