The wait is over for the fans of Samsung Galaxy Smartphone Family . The Mobile World Congress taking place in Barcelona, is the venue chosen by South Korean giant to debut the Galaxy S5.
The presentation began with an orchestra, mounted away from the show in New York a year ago, when it was the turn of publicizing the Galaxy S4 at Radio City Music Hall.
Samsung Galaxy S5
The design of the Galaxy S5 is similar to the Galaxy S4. It’s even built in plastic. Both teams are virtually indistinguishable by looking at them from the front, but for the presence of two new sensors near the earpiece at the top. In the back, however, the design of the camera is different, the same dithering. It will come in white, black, blue and gold.
The big news this time by Samsung is their new center button, which is a fingerprint scanner to unlock the device or use it as a password. Furthermore, this model has been certified IP57 , which makes it waterproof .
The screen of the galaxy S5 is 5.1”, just above the 5” that holds the S4. According to the company, is now able to adapt to the ambient light to provide a better visualization. Samsung Galaxy S5 will run on android 4.4 android kitkat. It is powered by a quad-core 2.5GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 chipset and 2GB of RAM.
There’s a 16-megapixel rear-facing camera (up from 13 megapixels), and a 2-megapixel sensor on the front. A 2,800mAh batterywith Ultra Power Saving Mode which will double battery life when you’re running low.
Samsung decided to follow the steps initiated by Motorola with the Atrix and Apple with its iPhone 5S to add a fingerprint reader, which is positioned on the main key.
Full Features of the Samsung Galaxy S5
- Screen : 5.1” Super AMOLED (1920 x 1080)
- Processor : 2.5 GHz Quad Core
- Operating System : Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Rear and Front camera : 16 megapixels and 2 megapixels
- Video : Ultra High Definition (UHD/4K) video stabilization, HDR
- Connectivity : Wi-Fi (802.11 a / b / g / n / ac HT80), MIMO (2×2), Bluetooth 4.0, USB 3.0, NFC, and IR Remote
- Sensors : Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, ambient light gestures fingerprints.
- Memory : 2GB of RAM and internal storage of 16GB or 32GB, microSD expandable to 128GB.
- Dimensions and weight : 142 x 72.5 x 8.1 mm, 145 grams
- Battery : 2800 mAh, 390 hours standby
Another notable improvements is the battery, now able to offer up to 12 hours of video playback and 21 hours of voice calls. The device adds a feature – Ultra Power Saving Mode.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 will be available in four colors: white, black, blue and gold, and its global launch is scheduled for April 11. In both cases, the company did not disclose the price of the Samsung Galaxy S5.