An antivirus is a software program designed to detect, prevent or remove viruses. The viruses may include Trojans, adware and worms. Different companies have developed varied sets of software programs.
It is a free antivirus application that has a variety of security tools which include web shields, privacy scanner and an app manager. The program has a USSD blocker which blocks unauthorized commands. By running the antivirus program in the phone, it immediately scans for any malware. Some of the benefits that come with the antivirus are;
- All the installed applications and contents on the memory card are scanned automatically for viruses, spywares and malwares.
- Scans file and SMS in the phone for full mobile security.
- It has a web-shield which enables an individual to surf safely on the web by blocking USSD commands and infected links.
The antivirus program is offered in two versions namely premium PRO and the free app. It has an updated UI that is user friendly. The scanning process is done manually and requires an individual to kick start it. AVG is not just a normal antivirus because it comes with a battery optimizer, a task killer and a real time protection. The advantages of using AVG are;
- It shields an individual from hackers, spammers and scammers by giving a warning about suspicious messages, unwanted calls and filter.
- Through Google maps, it can assist an individual to locate a stolen phone.
- It scans media files for malwares, spywares and viruses.
It is a free antivirus application but unlike AVG and Avast antivirus which automatically scans for malwares and spywares immediately after installing them, it requires an individual to manually activate a SplDer Guard. Dr. Web requires an individual to update the antivirus definitions and kickoff the scan manually. Some of the features of Dr. Web are;
- It has real time protection.
- It scans for spam and scams by blocking potentially malicious URL.
It is a free Android application that includes antivirus app and mobile security. The application has a caveat and can be downloaded freely in the internet. It needs a Gmail account or bit defender account for an individual to run it. Some of the features that come with the antivirus are;
- It has an autopilot feature that scans all the installed applications in the Android device automatically.
- It blocks all the viruses and threats before they can do any damage.
- It runs 24/7 protecting the device against potentially harmful activities.
- It uses cloud services to scan and check for updated safeguards such as device performance and battery life.
It is a free mobile security application that comes with features such as antitheft protector that activates varied commands. The program comes with a security code that activates the scanning process.
It is a free antivirus program that can be easily downloaded from the internet. Some of the key features that come with the app are;
- It can block hackers from accessing personal data by locking the phone remotely.
- It keeps data safe from malware and spyware.
- Through Google maps, an individual can locate his/her phone once lost.
Av-test.org Android malware test has certified that the listed apps above are up to the standards required.
Author bio – Julie Fernandez is a passionate blogger from London. As she is fascinated about technology, she loves to write article on it. As off now she is doing research on Norton guide. She suggests everyone to have Norton Contact Phone in order to protect their Mobile Apps.