Finally XXUFME3 Android 4.2.2 official test firmware for the Galaxy S3 is now available for download! This is an official test firmware that has been leaked online by SamMobile.com. Android 4.2.2 firmware for the Galaxy S3 is still under development and will be released soon by Samsung.
This new Firmware XXUFME3 is very similar to what Samsung released on the Galaxy S4 – several new features and a brand new TouchWiz UI as well.
XXUFME3 Android 4.2.2 Firmware details
- Android version: Android 4.2.2-JDQ39 (Jelly Bean)
- PDA: I9300XXUFME3
- CSC: I9300OJKFME1
- MODEM: N/A
- Region: Middle East
- Carrier: Branded
- Changelist: 611730
The main features of XXUFME3 Android 4.2.2 Firmware:
- Android 4.2.2 – Build ID: JDQ39
- New Galaxy S4 Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, two Unlock effects (Ripple and Light), improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
- New Screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
- Daydream & Driving mode
- Actionable notifications
- New Additions in Notification Center
- Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the Samsung Galaxy S4)
- Addition of Voice controls (S4 feature)
- Gallery modes have white background (When changing gallery modes to 3D the background changes to white)
- Full screen Samsung apps
- New S-Voice (from S4)
- New smart switch widget
Download & Install Samsung Galaxy S3 USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S3. If not, you can download the latest official Samsung Galaxy S3 drivers from our USB Drivers section here:
Backup Contacts, SMS, Call logs & What’s App messages
It’s necessary to backup all your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM or official firmware, an official software update or anything else. Backup everything you can as you never know when anything might go wrong.
Please take a look at the following important backup tips. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
- Backup all your contacts. How? –> How to Backup Contacts on Android Phone.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup and Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Call Logs. How? –> Backup Call Logs with Android App.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
There is an alternative with Samsung KIES you can backup all your data including media files and so on. Download and Install KIES from official website if you don’t have it installed already and make backup.
Now, assuming that you followed all above steps and ready to update your phone to latest official firmware, now head over to the next page and update Galaxy S3 I9300 to Android 4.2.2 XXUFME3 official firmware update.