Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 user from Spain without any carrier can now upgrade their smartphone to official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware. Samsung just released a new firmware for Spain: I9300XXELLC Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
The software update, which can be installed either via OTA or through Kies, reportedly fixes a security flaw issue found in Exynos 4412 chipset.
You can update your phone using 2 official ways to this firmware – one is via OTA (Over the air) and another is via KIES utility. If both method don’t work for you then read through this page to learn manual process of installing I9300XXELLC Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware on Galaxy S3 I9300.
Android 4.1.2 XXELLC Firmware Details:
- PDA: I9300XXELLC
- CSC: I9300PHEELL3
- Version: 4.1.2
- Date: 2013-01-03
Regions: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
The main features of XXELLC Android 4.1.2 updates
- Fixes the infamous Exynos 4 vulnerability
- Fixed the Galaxy S3 sudden death issue
- Multi-View or Multi-Windows.
- Page Buddy.
- A revamped Gallery application UI.
- Notification panel with customization support.
- The Brightness Slider in the Notification Panel can be disabled in this new update.
- Smart Rotation.
- Page Artist app and the Group Cast app.
- New Swype-like keyboard that has been demoed in the Android 4.2 OS.
- Multiple enhancements and other small features were also added so that you’ll get the best possible Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Experience.
Download & Install Samsung Galaxy S3 USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S3. If not, you can download the latest official Samsung Galaxy S3 drivers from our USB Drivers section here:
Backup Contacts, SMS, Call logs & What’s App messages
It’s necessary to backup all your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM or official firmware, an official software update or anything else. Backup everything you can as you never know when anything might go wrong.
Please take a look at the following important backup tips. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
- Backup all your contacts. How? –> How to Backup Contacts on Android Phone.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup and Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Call Logs. How? –> Backup Call Logs with Android App.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
There is an alternative with Samsung KIES you can backup all your data including media files and so on. Download and Install KIES from official website if you don’t have it installed already and make backup.
Now, assuming that you followed all above steps and ready to update your phone to latest official firmware, now head over to the next page and update Galaxy S3 I9300 to Android 4.1.2 XXELLC official firmware update.