Today we will see how to install third-party android apps. As we all knows that we can install android apps on our android phone officially from the Google play store. We can access Google play from online using a Web browser, or right from the Google play store application that Android devices usually come with. Despite the fact that Google made the Play store, they did not restrict users from getting their apps elsewhere.
What is Third-Party Apps ?
You can see on the internet that many websites offer android apps, which usually you can’t find on the Android market. Cause sometimes this kind of apps does not meet Google policies to upload the app on the store and sometimes developer’s does not publish apps to save cost of publishing apps on the market. This kind of apps are usually comes under Third-party apps or in Google’s word, apps from unknown sources.
But I always think that the most safest source of Android apps is Google Play store. But, there are cases when a really useful and handy Android app is not available there. Several popular app markets are available such as AppBrain, GetJar, SlideME, MobiHand onlyAndroid and so on, we are not necessarily guaranteeing that the apps on those sites are safe or will run on your device.
Allow Android phone to install third party apps :
1. Go to Settings and then Applications.
2. Just enable the Unknown sources , make sure it is checked as shown in the screenshot below.
How to Install Third-Party apps :
- Search for the apps you want. Make sure the app is compatible with your android phone.
- Download the app to your computer.
- Copy the downloaded APK file to your phone’s microSD card.
- Open your file browser app (I recommend Astro File Manager ) and locate the APK file on your microSD card.
- Install the APK file.