HTC One X is a Android smartphone which has been noticed in the Mobile World Congress. The phone hasn’t been launched yet although a few workarounds have surfaced the Internet to root HTC one x. If you’re planning to buy this phone, don’t worry as there is already a working root method available. So, it will be possible to root your phone as soon as you get and can enjoy unlimited number of apps on your phone that require access to system files, superuser permission.
In the following tutorial, you will learn how you can root your HTC One X smartphone. We will be using the insecure boot and root solution to root your phone, because the fastboot root method currently has some problems therefore we won’t be using that method. You shouldn’t worry about this because finally you will end up having a rooted phone, it doesn’t matter which method you make use of to accomplish the task. First, you need to download a few of the required files mentioned below and after that head to the tutorial to use the rooting steps. Listed here are the pre-requisites.
- InsecureBootandRoot (Download)
That is the only file you have to go further. After downloading the above file, go ahead and root your phone.
Steps to Root HTC One X
- The following steps applied for Windows, Mac and Linux host OS. We can say it works on almost all the OSes.
- Now, extract files from your archive you downloaded to any folder on your computer.
- Thereafter, switch off your phone and put it to the bootloader mode. You can accomplish it by pressing the Volume DOWN+Power key and you will enter into the bootloader mode.
- When your phone is in the bootloader mode, connect it to your PC using the USB cable and after that follow any of the below steps right for your OS.
- Windows – Launch the install-insecure-windows.bat file by double-clicking onto it.
- Mac – Open the terminal window where you have extracted files and run the following commands:
chmod +x install-insecure-mac.sh ./install-insecure-mac.sh
- Linux – Open the terminal window where the extracted files are and issue the following commands:
chmod +x install-insecure-linux.sh ./install-insecure-linux.sh
The rooting process will commence and after a few seconds, your phone will reboot. That’s all. Enjoy, you are now running a rooted HTC One X smartphone having the ability to use a lot of apps that need Superuser access. I hope you like the procedure of Root HTC One X. Let us know via comments below.