If you are a owner of the HTC desire HD smartphone and you want to Root HTC Desire HD then you are at the right place. The XDA developers succeeded in obtaining the HTC Desire HD Root using the following mentioned process. This method will help you to bring the permanent root access on your HTC Desire HD. Here, the Paul’s Visionary+ tool is used to root / jailbreak HTC Desire HD. Keep in mind that this rooting method does not apply to the Telus Desire HD.
Root HTC Desire HD
The benefits of rooting HTC Desire HD are, the release of the operator interface, the installation of alternative and custom ROM, you can use some software which only support rooted devices , remove some unnecessary services (caution still in this manipulation), you can perform full backups with the software like titanium backup and data applications, install applications on memory card and so on. Following htc desire hd root guide will help you to root your device.
Requirements to Root HTC Desire HD :
Please make sure that your HTC Desire HD does NOT have the official 1.72 OTA update or You want to root htc desire HD 2.2 or any later OTA update. In case you have installed it, you must first downgrade it to an older version.
Disclaimer: Let me tell you some things, rooting htc desire with this type of methods is not always safe and you must be aware of what you do. Being Android will not be liable if your device gets damaged or bricked during the process.
Here is a tutorial which will help you to get the root of Desire HD Android in simple steps and only takes a few minutes.
- First up all, Download the Paul’s VISIONary+ tool , extract it and copy apk file from it into your phone’s SD card.
- Install the apk file from phone using any file manager, I recommend Astro file Manager.
- Launch the tool and enable the Set system r/w after root checkbox.
- Select ‘Temproot Now!’ and wait for the process to finish. This will root desire HD temporary, automatically Temproot on each boot.
- Select ‘Attempt Permroot Now!’ which will attempt to apply a permanent root and again wait for the process to finish. The phone will automatically reboot once done.
That’s it! With the help of visionary root desire hd , You have rooted HTC Desire HD… Congrats now you can install better apps which support rooted devices only. The next step is to gain Radio s-off all details and instructions here. Also Read : Unlock Root : Root Any Android Device In One Click
I suggest you guys to Temp root desire HD manually first to confirm all is well before attempting permanent root, the ‘Temproot’ option of VISIONary should be completely safe. It installs an Superuser app in the conventional way and then sets up a ‘ramdisk’ for the other parts, which is wiped on boot.